- 2 large Stemilt Piñata® apples, cored and grated on a box grater
- 5-7 green cardamom pods gently cracked open with the back of a knife
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of apple cider vinegar
Looking for apple inspired mocktail? This Apple Cardamom Shrub is sweet, tart, tangy, and effervescent all at the same time, making it feel like a fancy cocktail, but in reality, it's a mocktail you could sip on all day long!
- Yield2 cups servings
- Prep time
- Total time
- In CategoryDrinks
- Combine the shredded apples in a large glass jar with the brown sugar and cracked cardamom pods.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar over the top.
- Stir to combine, seal the lid on tight, and place in a cool dark place, like your pantry for 3-7 days.
- Everyday, shake or stir the shrub well. On day 3 begin tasting the liquid, once the flavor is intense enough for you and all of the brown sugar has dissolved, strain out the solids.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
To make an Apple Cardamom Shrub mocktail:
3-4 tablespoons Apple Cardamom Shrub syrup
Sparkling water or club soda
Fill a glass with ice. Add the desired amount of Apple Cardamom Shrub, fill to the top with sparkling water or club soda. Stir and serve.
Note: You can add as little or as much of the Apple Cardamom Shrub syrup as you like to sparkling water. Find your own favorite ratios by testing different quantities!