Created for Stemilt by Jamie Preuss from @sohappyyoulikedit
- For Spiced Apple Syrup
- 1 Stemilt Sweet Tango Apple, sliced
- 1 Stemilt Pink Lady Apple, sliced
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cups water
- For Apple Crisp Macchiato
- 3 Tbsp Spiced Apple Syrup
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (2%, whole, almond, oat, or coconut are all delicious options!)
- 1 shot espresso
- Salted Caramel Sauce to drizzle
This recipe is an easy dupe for the Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato.
- Yield3 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDrinks
For the Spiced Apple Syrup
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and freshly grated nutmeg to a saucepan.
- Add sliced apples and top with water. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Swirl the pan sporadically, encouraging the sugar to move throughout the pan and dissolve.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and set aside. As the mixture cools, the apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg will infuse the syrup with excellent flavor.
- Once completely cool, sample the syrup. If the flavors haven’t developed to your liking, let it steep a little longer!
- When flavors have developed, strain the mixture removing the apple and cinnamon. Pour mixture in a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
To Assemble an Apple Crisp Macchiato
- Add spiced apple syrup to a large mug.
- Bring milk of choice to a simmer in a saucepan. Using a handheld frother, froth the milk until foamy. If you don’t have a handheld frother, just whisk vigorously until the milk is foamy.
- Pour milk into the mug, reserving some of the foam to top the macchiato.
- Pour the espresso shot over the milk and syrup.
- Spoon foamed milk on top of mug.
- Drizzle lightly with caramel sauce and sprinkle with nutmeg. Enjoy!
- The syrup will keep for 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 204
- Fat Content: 9.9g
- Cholesterol Content: 8mg
- Sodium Content: 50mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 45.7g
- Fiber Content: 4.5g
- Sugar Content: 38.9g
- Protein Content: 2.8g