Perfect for a special treat anytime of year, these apple dumplings are sure to please and impress your dinner guests. Soft pastry dough is filled with homemade sweet and tart apples and baked until golden brown. Topped with vanilla ice cream and a dash of cinnamon!
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 packages pre-made crescent dough sheets
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
Perfect for a special treat anytime of year, these apple dumplings are sure to please and impress your dinner guests.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the apples, water, butter, cinnamon and sugar. Let come to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes, until the apples are soft. In a small dish, combine the cornstarch and water. Add to the apple mixture and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface. Use a 2” biscuit cutter to slice into rounds.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the cooled pie filling to one side of the round, fold over, and pinch shut. Place in a buttered 9x13 glass casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the dumplings. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!