- 1 Stemilt apple, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2.5 to 3 oz mixed baby greens (approximately 1/2 a 5-oz container)
- 1/2 bulb fennel , thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced on diagona
- 2 large green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1/2 cup halved, green seedless grapes
- 3 generously sized brussel sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup whole, fresh parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to hold apple color (if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch kosher salt
A Granny Smith apple is the perfect partner in this Spring greens salad, offering a tart pop of fresh crunch and delicious, lemon-tinged flavor.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner,
- Place ribbons of Granny Smith apple on a plate and drizzle with fresh lemon juice, to keep them from browning. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss mixed greens, fennel, celery, green onions, grapes, brussel sprouts, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients for dressing until thoroughly combined; season with pinch of kosher salt, to taste.
- At this stage, you can dress and toss greens (amount of dressing will lightly dress greens) or plate greens undressed and serve dressing alongside to drizzle atop.
- If serving dressing alongside, you may want to double recipe to account for pour variations.
- Once greens are plated, carefully coil and thread apple “ribbons” among leaves.
- Sprinkle each salad with chopped pistachios and serve immediately.
- Calories: 115.2 mg
- Fat Content: 3.3 g
- Protein Content: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18.7 g
- Fiber Content: 3.4 g
- Sugar Content: 13.4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Sodium Content: 72.7 mg