- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter (or vegan buttery spread), room temperature (lightly softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 cups old fashion oats (Quaker brand, or as preferred)
- 3/4 cups golden raisins
- 1 Stemilt Pink Lady apple (or other Stemilt baking variety), peeled, cored, 1/2-inch dice
These Apple Oatmeal Cookies don't have to be just for dessert, try them for breakfast too!
- Yield18 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert, Breakfast, Snacks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chopped pecans in a skillet set over medium-high heat and lightly toast for 2 to 3 minutes, tossing intermittently.
- Transfer to a small dish and set aside to cool.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream softened butter and sugars until just mixed through and creamy. (Take heed to properly allow butter to soften/come to room temperature and to take care not to over mix as over aerating can result in a consistency that is too soufflé-like, and dough will spread too much while baking.)
- Add eggs, one at a time, at medium speed. Once incorporated, mix in vanilla at medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Add flour mixture, in small portions, to creamed mixture with mixer set to medium low speed. Stop mixer and scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula, as needed.
- Once incorporated, add in oats. Set mixer to medium speed until oats are incorporated.
- Reduce speed to medium low and add in raisins, apple and cooled pecans. Mix until just incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a ¼ cup measurer, scoop dough onto baking sheet, leaving approximately 2” between cookies. (Dough will be very sticky so use fingers to get “ball” of dough onto baking sheet.)
- Then using fingers, press dough down to create an approximate ½” thick x 3” round cookie. (I prefer to bake in batches to best monitor progress. This recipe was accomplished in two bakings.)
- Place in oven and bake approximately 17 to 20 minutes, until just lightly golden and set through.
- Remove to rack to cool... they will firm up as they cool.
- Serve once cooled or keep in airtight container for up to 3 to 5 days.
- Calories: 263.5
- Fat Content: 12.6g
- Cholesterol Content: 37.2mg
- Sodium Content: 154mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Fiber Content: 2.6g
- Sugar Content: 19.5g
- Protein Content: 3.9g