- 1 cup of pitted dates (roughly 14 dates)
- 1/2 of a Stemilt apple, chopped into one inch squares
- 1/3 cup of whole roasted flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp of applesauce (optional)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Special equipment: food processor
With dates, apples, flax seeds, and nuts, these energy bites are chock full of protein, fiber, potassium, and healthy fats like omega-3s.
In CategorySnacks, Breakfast
- First, remove the pits from the dates. Slicing a date in half lengthwise makes it easy to pop the pit right out.
- Next, chop the apple into 1-inch squares, leaving the skin on.
- Add all ingredients into your food processor and blend the ingredients.
- (You want a course texture to roll the mixture into ball-shaped bites. If your food processor has a hard time blending, add a bit of applesauce to help soften the mixture).
- Roll the mixture into 12 equal size bites.
- Place each bite on parchment paper and then place in refrigerator or freezer to harden.
- Enjoy anytime!
- Calories: 106
- Fat Content: 5.3g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 1mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 14.3g
- Fiber Content: 2.9g
- Sugar Content: 10.6g
- Protein Content: 2.1g