- 3 cups cooked quinoa (from about 1 cup cooked)
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Stemilt Piñata apple
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- |For Dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
Enjoy this DASH-friendly Apple Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad for a filling and nutritious meal!
- Yield4 - 6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In Categorymain
- Heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss butternut squash cubes with 1 tsp of the oil. Spread evenly on the baking sheet. Roast 30-45 minutes or until softened, stirring halfway through.
- Place onions in the bowl and toss with remaining 1/2 tsp of oil. Place on the baking sheet with the butternut squash during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- While squash and onions are roasting, dice apple into 1/2-inch cubes and roughly chop pecans. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- When squash and onions are done cooking, place in a large bowl with quinoa, apples, pecans, and cranberries. Pour dressing on top and gently stir to coat.
- Serve warm right away, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.