- 2 1/2 cups of toasted bread crumbs or stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 medium Piñata® apples
- 1 tsp of Kosher salt
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black peppercorns
- 2 cups of diced celery ribs, with leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups of ground sausage meat
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
Apples and sausage are a classic pair, and together offer a tasty twist on traditional Thanksgiving stuffing.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategorySide Dish
- Drizzle the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown the sausage meat. Once cooked, remove from the heat and spoon into a large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, drizzle the remaining olive oil and sauté the apples, celery and onions until they are tender, 10 minutes.
- Once the apple blend is done cooking, add it to the large mixing bowl containing the cooked sausage. And slowly fold in the stuffing mix while adding the warm chicken stock, sage, salt and pepper.
- Fold until fully blended and the bread is moist, but not soggy; and then allow it to rest while the oven pre-heats to 375°F.
- Transfer the stuffing to a baking dish, and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Calories: 333
- Fat Content: 19.1g
- Cholesterol Content: 36mg
- Sodium Content: 787mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 34.5g
- Fiber Content: 3.7g
- Sugar Content: 8.9g
- Protein Content: 7.1g