This tasty apple spinach salad is an easy way to get your family to eat their spinach!
This tasty apple spinach salad is packed with sweet, salty and tangy flavors and topped with a delicious Maple Dijon Vinaigrette! It’s an easy way to get your family to eat their spinach!
Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think in the comments!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 9 ounce pkg. baby spinach
- 1 medium Gala apple, cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup toasted whole pecans
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Recipe: Spinach Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apple
Rate this recipe:
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the cubes of sweet potato on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
3. In a small bowl or in a jar with a tight fitting lid, mix the vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk to combine.
4. In a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach, apple, and pecans. Add the dressing, toss and top with the blue cheese crumbles.
• Gala, Fuji or Piñata apples work really well in this salad!
• To keep your apples from discoloring, give them a toss with a teaspoon or so of fresh lemon juice.