- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 9 ounce pkg. baby spinach
- 1 medium Gala apple, cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup toasted whole pecans
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
This tasty apple spinach salad is packed with sweet, salty and tangy flavors and topped with a delicious Maple Dijon Vinaigrette! It’s an easy way to get your family to eat their spinach!
In CategoryLunch, Dinner
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the cubes of sweet potato on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tender
- In a small bowl or in a jar with a tight fitting lid, mix the vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach, apple, and pecans.
- Add the dressing, toss and top with the blue cheese crumbles.
- Gala, Fuji or Piñata apples work really well in this salad!
- To keep your apples from discoloring, give them a toss with a teaspoon or so of fresh lemon juice.
- Calories: 241
- Protein Content: 6g
- Fat Content: 21g
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 2807mg
- Sugar Content: 9g