- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 heaping cups, cored and chopped Pink Lady apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
This scrumptious Apple Walnut Cake is a the perfect dessert for anyone craving something savory with a little bit of a crunch. Apples, walnuts and a pinch of cinnamon are the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
Yield6-8 slices servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-size bowl, blend together the eggs, sugar, oil, apple sauce and vanilla until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until well blended. Fold in the apples, then the walnuts.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into a 9x13 pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cake is cooked through.
- Allow the cake to cool and then sprinkle the top with powdered sugar.
- Calories: 465
- Fat Content: 20.1g
- Cholesterol Content: 49mg
- Sodium Content: 208mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 68.1g
- Fiber Content: 4.5g
- Sugar Content: 43.8g
- Protein Content: 7.6g