Perfect for a sweet breakfast or a quick midday snack, these Apple Zucchini Muffins are packed with fiber and flavor. Made with white whole wheat and plenty of grated apple and zucchini, these tender muffins not only pack a nutritious punch, but also satisfy your taste buds. They freeze well also– so don’t be afraid to make a double batch of these delicious muffins!
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/16 tsp nutmeg
- 1 medium apple, grated, moisture slightly squeezed out
- ½ zucchini, grated, moisture slightly squeezed out
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
Perfect for a sweet breakfast or a quick midday snack, these Apple Zucchini Muffins are packed with fiber and flavor.
- Yield12 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-count muffin tin with baking cups and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Fold in the grated apple, grated zucchini, and chopped peeled apple.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the buttermilk, vanilla, oil and egg. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ full. Bake for 20 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.