Making applesauce at home for baby is a wholesome, sweet way to help introduce solids.
- Yield2-3 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryBreakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Wash the apple well, peel and core it. Chop the apple into small chunks.
- Bring water (enough to generously cover the apple chunks) to a soft boil in a medium sauce pan and add the apple chunks.
- Cook the apple chunks until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain the apple chunks and rinse with cold water for approximately 3 minutes, to end the cooking process.
- Add the apple chunks to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add water slowly for desired consistency.
- Calories: 39
- Fat Content: 0.1g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 3mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 10.3g
- Fiber Content: 1.8g
- Sugar Content: 7.7g
- Protein Content: 0.2g