- 3 large ripe Bartlett pears, halved, cored and if desired, peeled
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond slices, toasted
- Few pinches coarse flakes of sea salt
How can you go wrong with chocolate, caramel and sea salt? You can't. Add in delicious Rushing Rivers Bartlett pears and you got yourself a real treat.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the pear halves into a baking dish or cast iron skillet, cut-side up.
- Cut 3 tbsp butter into 12 even square cubes.
- Top each pear half with two square cubes of butter, placing one in the center core.
- Sprinkle each pear with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add a piece of caramel into the center of each pear. Continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil in a small bowl in your microwave.
- Allow the pears to cool for just 3 to 5 minutes and top with a drizzle of chocolate and a sprinkling of sliced almonds and coarse sea salt.
- Be sure to spoon some of the buttery sauce from the pan over each pear when serving.
- Calories: 198
- Protein Content: 2g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 89mg
- Sugar Content: 21g