- 5 ounces (approximately 1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Stemilt sweet cherries, pitted and chopped (see how to pit cherries easily here)
- 1/2 cup Stemilt sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (approximately 1/2 large lemon)
- 2 tbsp cherry brandy
Much easier than the fried variety, these baked Cherry Doughnuts with Cherry Glaze are the perfect recipe for seasonal sweet cherries.
In CategoryBreakfast, Dessert, Snacks
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a nonstick doughnut pan (baking spray with flour is a good option, but butter or shortening will also work).
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, kosher salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, large egg, vegetable oil, and pure vanilla extract.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, along with the chopped cherries, stirring until just combined (do not overmix).
- Spoon the batter evenly into the doughnut pan, leaving a small amount of room at the top of each cavity. This will give the batter a chance to solidify before it rises and help it maintain its shape.
- Bake the doughnuts for 7 minutes. Gently turn them out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- While the doughnuts are cooling, prepare the cherry glaze. Place the 1/2 cup cherries in a small bowl, and gently mash them using a potato masher (you can also process them in a blender or food processor).
- Using the back of a spoon, press the cherries through a fine mesh strainer to extract the juice. Discard the pulp and reserve 2 tablespoons of fresh cherry juice.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the confectioners’ sugar, cherry juice, lemon juice and cherry brandy.
- Drizzle over the doughnuts and allow the glaze to set.
- Calories: 284
- Fat Content: 6g
- Cholesterol Content: 32mg
- Sodium Content: 132mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 51.7g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 14.5g
- Protein Content: 4.2g