- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 large ripe Stemilt pears
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cold butter
If you like poached pears, then you love this tasty dessert!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soak raisins in hot water, allow them to soak while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Next, carefully peel the pears, maintaining their unique shape. (A potato peeler works very well for this).
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise and place core-side up in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Use a melon baller (or large spoon) to scoop out the cores from the pear halves and discard.
- Stir brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl, and sprinkle equally over the pear halves.
- Chop the butter into tiny pieces and place an equal amount over all eight of the pear halves.
- Drain the water from the raisins, and sprinkle over the pears.
- Pour just enough water in the bottom of the baking dish to cover the bottom and bake the pears until just tender; about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Ice cream makes an excellent accompaniment!
- Calories: 129
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Sodium Content: 19 mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Sugar Content: 21 g
- Protein Content: 1 g