- 1 large Piñata apple, cored
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
This Blender Applesauce Bread is the perfect sweet breakfast pastry, and it could not get any easier (just throw the ingredients in a blender, then pour into a baking dish and bake!).
In CategoryBreakfast, Dessert, Snacks
- Cut apple into quarters (apple peel can remain).
- Combine apples and lemon juice and blender and beat until almost smooth (the consistency of chunky applesauce). Set aside 1 cup to use in the recipe.
- Rinse blender and blades with water. Beat together butter and sugar in the blender until combined and thick.
- Add egg, applesauce and vanilla and pulse until combined.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and ginger.
- Add to blender and pulse until flour is just mixed without overbeating (about 5-7 pulses).
- Remove blade, add pecans and fold in gently.
- Add batter to a lightly greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the bread is firm and a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Calories: 527
- Fat Content: 27.2g
- Cholesterol Content: 69mg
- Sodium Content: 597mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 68.2g
- Fiber Content: 4.2g
- Sugar Content: 35.5g
- Protein Content: 7.1g