- 1 head cauliflower (approximate 6-inch diameter), leaves and core removed, sliced into approximate ½” “steaks”
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided (plus additional to coat pan or use spray)
- 1/2 tsp, plus 1/8 teaspoon, kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp, plus 1/8 teaspoon, ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander, divided
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 Stemilt Pink Lady apple, cored, cut into wedges and sliced
- 1 6-ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 4 tsp roasted hazelnuts
Roasted cauliflower, caramelized apple & red onion with a side of spiced yogurt is a wonderful combination of naturally sweet and savory.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray. Position cauliflower “steaks” and florets on pan in a single layer; drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon ground coriander.
- Roast in oven for approximately 20 minutes, until golden and lightly tinged.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet set over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions to pan and sauté for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, adjusting heat so as not to burn onions but to slowly caramelize them.
- Add sliced apple to onions, season with an 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and an 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Continuing cooking mixture, stirring intermittently, for another 5 to 7 minutes, until apples are lightly golden.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with lemon juice and honey. Stir until completely mixed through.
- Add ¼ teaspoon ground coriander, ¼ teaspoon ground cumin, and a pinch of salt. Mix thoroughly to combine. Set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and divide among 4 plates.
- Place a large dollop of spiced yogurt alongside. Place an approximate ¼ cup of apple mixture alongside yogurt.
- Sprinkle each plate with approximately 1 teaspoon of roasted hazelnuts and a pinch of fresh lemon zest. Serve immediately.
- You will get several “steak” cuts and the remainder of the cauliflower head will fall into florets. Retain all pieces for roasting.
- Dukkah spice is an Egyptian nut, seed and spice ground mixture that typically includes both cumin and coriander.
- Calories: 174
- Fat Content: 7.8g
- Cholesterol Content: 1.3mg
- Sodium Content: 235.8mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 22.7g
- Fiber Content: 5.4g
- Sugar Content: 1.6g
- Protein Content: 6.8g