- 1 pound fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
This simple, classic dessert is a summer favorite! Perfect for entertaining.
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat, combine the cherries, butter and Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the pan away from the heat and carefully add the brandy.
- Simmer for about 5 more minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Serve warm over vanilla ice cream.
Additional Notes:The cherry mixture can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Heat through before
- Calories: 239
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 82mg
- Sugar Content: 26g