- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold, unsalted butter, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 4 1/2 cups fresh, sliced Stemilt cherries
- 1 tsp confectioners’ sugar
If you have a bit of time on your hands, this cherry and almond crumb tart is a fun summer dessert to whip up.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray.
- Combine almonds and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the almonds are finely ground and incorporated with the sugar. Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Add 1 1/3 cups flour and salt to the remaining sugar mixture and pulse briefly to lend.
- With the motor running, add butter a few pieces at a time until well incorporated.
- Stir egg yolk, vanilla and almond extracts together in a small bowl until blended.
- Add to the processor and pulse until the mixture begins to clump and form a dough, about 1 minute. The mixture should look crumbly. Set aside 1/3 cup of mixture for the topping.
- Transfer the remaining dough to the prepared tart pan; spread evenly and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons flour to the reserved almond mixture; stir to blend.
- Gently toss cherries with 2 tablespoons of this mixture in a medium bowl until coated.
- Spread the cherries evenly in the tart pan. Sprinkle the remaining almond mixture over the cherries.
- Pinch the reserved dough into small clumps to make crumbs and sprinkle on top of cherries.
- Bake the tart for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake until the crust and crumbs are golden brown, about 45 minutes more.
- Let cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Remove the pan sides; place confectioners’ sugar in a sieve and dust the tart just before serving.
- Calories: 311
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 49 mg
- Sodium Content: 207 mg
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Sugar Content: 21 g