- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese (the kind in a brick), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 graham crackers, crushed to fine crumbs (about 1/3 cup crumbs)
- 2 cups dark-sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons prepared cherry jam (seedless raspberry or red currant may be substituted)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
These cherry thumbprint cookies have a soft, pillow-y cookie dough infused with cream cheese for a rich flavor that can't be beat.
- Yield42 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, and line baking sheets with parchment.
- Place the butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large mixing bowl, and beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- On low speed, stir in the flour until combined. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Portion the dough into 1 tbsp sized balls. Dip the tops of the balls in graham cracker crumbs, and place crumb-side up on the prepared baking sheets.
- Use the back of a 1/2-tsp measuring spoon to create a well in the center of each ball.
- Place the cherries, jam, and almond extract in a small bowl and toss to coat. Place one cherry half in the well of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until just barely beginning to turn golden on the bottoms.
- Calories: 105
- Fat Content: 6g
- Cholesterol Content: 16mg
- Sodium Content: 79mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 12.2g
- Fiber Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 6.1g
- Protein Content: 1.2g