- 3 cups Stemilt cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup OR 1/4 tsp liquid stevia extract
- 1/4 cup ground chia seed (whole chia seed can be ground in a coffee grinder)
This cherry jam can be made in a few short minutes and requires no pectin, as the chia seed provides all the jelling necessary.
- Yield36 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategorySnacks, Sides
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cherries and water to a brisk boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until cherries are very soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture, or transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Sweeten to taste, stir in ground chia seed and let cool.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate. It will continue to thicken up as it cools.
Jam can be kept for up 7 days in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 41
- Fat Content: 1.16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.14 g
- Protein Content: 1.06 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8.04 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fiber Content: 1.86 g
- Sodium Content: 0 mg