- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cherries
- 4-5 chipotles in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 12 jalapenos
- 5 strips bacon, crumbled
These Cherry Chiptole Jalapeno Poppers cover all the flavor bases - sweet, salty, spicy and savory.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategorySide
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Alternatively, you can grill the jalapeno poppers.
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese and mash with a fork to make it fluffier. Add the mozzarella, cherries, chipotles in adobo, and salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Chop stems off jalapenos. Cut in half long ways and use a small spoon to scoop out flesh and seeds.
- Fill the halved jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture. Don’t fill too full or they’ll overflow when cooking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until tops are starting to brown. If grilling, grill over medium high heat until tops are starting to brown.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve.