- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- 1 1/2 cups Stemilt cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
This cherry glaze is made by cooking the cherries down with some spices and brushing it over the ribs before grilling.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDinner
For the ribs:
- Combine paprika, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin a small bowl.
- Sprinkle both sides of ribs with rub and let stand at room temperature for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425F and place ribs in a large roasting pan, cutting them in half if you need to make them fit.
- Add 1 cup water to the roasting pan and cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake ribs for 1 3/4 hours, until very tender.
For cherry glaze:
- Combine cherries and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until cherries are very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Puree cherries using a blender or immersion blender.
- Stir in vinegar, cinnamon, chili powder and ginger and continue to cook at a gentle simmer until somewhat reduced, about 15 to 20 more minutes.
To apply glaze:
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Brush both sides of ribs with the glaze and grill or broil 6 to 8 minutes, watching carefully so that they don’t burn.
- Calories: 692
- Fat Content: 47 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17.76 g
- Protein Content: 53.15 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10.79 g
- Cholesterol Content: 190 mg
- Fiber Content: 2.06 g
- Sodium Content: 804 mg