- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp chopped Anaheim pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups Stemilt sweet cherries (pitted)
- 8 oz small cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Prepared salsa, optional
This recipe offers two superfoods in one yummy dish! Quinoa is high in protein, while cherries contain powerful antioxidants in every bite!
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineAmerican, South American, European
- In CategoryDinner, Side Dish
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil; add broth, quinoa, Anaheim pepper, salt and ground pepper.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 12 to 18 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff mixture with a fork and gently stir in cherries, shrimp and parsley.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.
- Calories: 215
- Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Protein Content: 13.1 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 74 mg
- Fiber Content: 3.3 g
- Sodium Content: 596 mg