- 4 crusty French sandwich rolls
- 4 oz chevre (goat) cheese
- 1 cup Stemilt cherries (pitted)
- 1/4 cup lowfat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp each Dijon-style mustard and chopped fresh basil
- 8 oz thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
The tart flavor of the cheese plays off the sweetness of the fresh cherries and accents the flavor of the turkey.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch
- Slice sandwich rolls in half horizontally, leaving one long side attached.
- Spread one ounce cheese on cut side of bottom half of each roll.
- Combine cherries, mayonnaise, mustard and basil; mix well.
- Spread 3 to 4 tablespoons cherry mixture on cut side of top half of each roll.
- For each sandwich arrange 2 ounces turkey on cheese and top with 1/2 cup spinach leaves.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Calories: 527
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Protein Content: 34 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 66 g
- Cholesterol Content: 74 mg
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 950 mg