- 4 7-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 apple, very thinly sliced
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 4 tsp blackberry jam
- Olive oil
These quesadillas are the perfect combination of sweet, spicy and tart.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineSpanish, Mexican, American
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner,
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Brush one side of a tortilla with olive oil. Place the tortilla, oil-side down, in the warm skillet.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup chicken. Arrange half of the apple slices on top, then layer on pieces of baby spinach and top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spread 2 teaspoons jam on a second tortilla, place jam-side-down on cheese, and brush the top of the tortilla with olive oil.
- Cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes or until browned, then carefully flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat using other two tortillas. Slice into wedges and serve with crisp green salads.
- Calories: 354
- Protein Content: 22g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 560mg
- Sugar Content: 14g