- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 stalks celery, divided
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 medium Piñata® apple, cored and cut in 1/2-inch dice
Bites of crisp Piñata® apples add sweetness to this easy chicken salad. Buttery pecans and tangy cranberries round out the flavors and makes this salad perfect for topping some greens or your favorite sandwich bread. This chicken salad with apples recipe is perfect for those warm summer evenings spent with friends.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth and water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add one whole stalk of the celery, some salt, pepper and the chicken breasts.
- Simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the chicken and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, dice the chicken breasts into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Slice the remaining stalk of celery into thin slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Add the celery slices, cranberries, pecans and apple. Toss to coat.
- Add the cubes of chicken and toss once more.
- Refrigerate the chicken salad with apples to cool before serving.
- Serve in lettuce cups, on a bed of greens or in a sandwich with your favorite bread.
- Calories: 109
- Protein Content: 12g
- Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 245mg
- Sugar Content: 5g