- 6 burger buns
- For the patties:
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves
- 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs, such as Panko
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more, if needed
- For the yogurt sauce:
- ⅓ cup plain full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
A meat-less option featuring sun-dried tomatoes for veggie burger lovers topped with a yogurt-based savory sauce.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the onion, parsley, oregano, and garlic cloves. Blend until finely minced.
- Add the chickpeas, breadcrumbs, feta, and tomatoes. Pulse until the mixture turns into a ball. The chickpeas should be pretty well ground and the ingredients should be evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls and form each ball into a ½ inch thick patty.
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat.
- Brush both sides of each patty and the inside of the burger buns with the olive oil. Add the patties to preheated grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Add the buns, olive oil side down, and cook for about 1 minute, until toasted.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread the sauce on both sides of each of the buns. Top bottom buns with patties and serve.
- Calories: 428
- Fat Content: 12.7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.3g
- Cholesterol Content: 13mg
- Sodium Content: 983mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 65.1g
- Fiber Content: 6.4g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 14.3g