- 2 cups Stemilt sweet cherries, pits and stems removed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp cherry syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup shaved chocolate
Cool off this summer with a delicious scoop of homemade Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream made with delicious dark-sweet cherries.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In Categorydessert
- Roughly cut the cherries into quarters.
- Place them into a medium saucepan with the granulated sugar.
- Heat until they become thick and syrupy, stirring occasionally, for roughly 20 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and place into the fridge until they are cool, preferably overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, add the heavy cream, milk, cherry syrup, and almond extract.
- Heat on medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Do not let it come to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat. Refrigerate until chilled, preferably overnight.
- Pour the cold cream/milk mixture into your ice cream machine and churn for 25 minutes or until the ice cream begins to look very thick.
- Add cherries and shaved chocolate to the ice cream machine and churn until combined, roughly a minute.
- Remove the ice cream from the machine and place into an airtight container.
- Place into the freezer for a few hours to further harden.
- Once you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let sit on the counter for 5 - 10 minutes until it’s soft enough to scoop, Ice cream can be stored in the freezer for a few months, but it is best eaten within a few weeks.
- Calories: 257
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Cholesterol Content: 53mg
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 54mg