- 1 cup of chocolate melting wafers (you can use any baking chocolate or chips but the wafers are foolproof when it comes to melting)
- Toppings like shaved coconut and slivered almonds (optional)
- A glass, microwave-safe measuring cup
- An apple slicer
- A spatula
- Waxed paper to reduce mess
- 4 apples
Make simple and delicious chocolate dipped apples with this recipe.
- YieldVaries servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert, Snacks
- Melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave. (I did this in 30 second increments, and it took approximately 1:30 to melt an entire cup).
- Stir the chocolate after each 30 second interval to ensure a smooth consistency.
- Place waxed paper down on the surface where you will be dipping the apples into the chocolate.
- Using an apple slicer, carefully slice the apple. Remove and toss the core.
- Now it’s time to dip! Dip one end of the apple slice into the chocolate. Hold to coat.
- Carefully pull the apple slice out of the chocolate and twist the apple in a circle in order to prevent the chocolate from dripping.
- You can either place it on the waxed paper, or sprinkle coconut or almonds on top and then put it on the waxed paper.
- Allow the chocolate to set (or harden).
- Repeat Steps 4-6 with the remaining apples.
- Calories: 164
- Fat Content: 11.1g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 6mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 21.2g
- Fiber Content: 6.1g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 2.7g