This citrus pear cocktail calls for a simple syrup made with peeled pears and spiced with freshly ground nutmeg – great for cold nights!
- 2 ounces pear simple syrup
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 ounces good quality brandy (pear brandy is an excellent choice)
- 1 cup chopped, unpeeled Stemilt pears*
- 1 cup granulated sugar*
- 1 cup water*
- 1 cinnamon stick*
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg*
This citrus pear cocktail calls for a simple syrup made with peeled pears and spiced with freshly ground nutmeg - great for cold nights!
- Yield1 serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryCocktail.
- Combine the pear simple syrup, orange juice, and brandy in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour into an ice-filled glass and serve immediately.
To create the simple syrup (ingredients marked with *):
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the pears, sugar, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Allow the syrup to cool, then strain out the solids. The syrup can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to one month.
- Calories: 215
- Sodium Content: 7 mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Sugar Content: 20 g