- 2 chicken breasts, boned, skinned, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness, cut in half (to yield 4 fillets total)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced Stemilt Piñata apple (1 large apple)
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple (approx. 1/2 small pineapple)
- 3 tbsp mined fresh jalapeno pepper (1 large pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced yellow pepper (1/2 large pepper)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (2 to 3 green onions)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Golden, macadamia-crusted chicken is perfectly complemented by a refreshing salsa mix of Stemilt Piñata apple, pineapple, jalapeño and green onions, making this easy and healthy weeknight meal feel like a little Island getaway.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDinner
- In a large bowl, combine apple, pineapple, jalapeño, yellow pepper, green onion, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Season both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place finely chopped macadamia nuts onto a piece of wax paper. Place one cut chicken fillet atop nuts and press firmly to allow nuts to adhere to meat. Turn chicken over and repeat.
- Continue turning and pressing to coat chicken with nuts. Repeat with remaining chicken fillets. Carefully set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully place chicken in skillet and cook for approximately 3 to 5 minutes, until golden on one side.
- Using a spatula, carefully turn chicken breasts over (as opposed to flipping), so as not to loosen too much of the nut coating. (note: some nuts will fall off, but are delicious scooped from skillet to top chicken when serving.)
- Continue cooking chicken for another 3 to 5 minutes, until completely golden and cooked through.
- Plate chicken and top with salsa. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 534 (66% from fat)
- Fat Content: 39.2g (sat 6.4g, poly 2.4g, mono 27.9g)
- Protein Content: 30.2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20.2g
- Fiber Content: 5.1g
- Sugar Content: 12.7g
- Cholesterol Content: 73mg
- Sodium Content: 464.8mg