- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- safflower, avocado or vegetable oil for frying
- confectioner's sugar
These easy apple fritters are so full of sweet bits of apple and a hint of cinnamon. They are crisp on the outside, tender and light on the inside and absolutely heavenly!
In CategoryDessert, Breakfast
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Whisk in the milk, vanilla and butter.
- Gently stir the egg mixture into the dry just until almost combined. Add the apples and fold just a few times.
- Heat 1 1/2 to 2 inches of oil in a saucepan over medium heat to about 350 degrees.
- Drop the batter into the oil using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop or 1/8 cup measuring cup. Cook until golden before flipping them over.
- Use a slotted spoon and a wooden chopstick for easy turning. Cook time will be about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes total.
- Transfer the fritters to a paper towel lined wire rack placed over a baking sheet to cool slightly.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve warm
- Use a combination of apples for best results. Try a mix of Fuji, Piñata, Pink Lady or Gala.
- To make these ahead of time or to reheat leftover fritters, warm in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 5 to 6 minutes and dust with additional confectioner’s sugar.
- Calories: 394
- Protein Content: 6g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 363mg
- Sugar Content: 21g