- 3 cups Stemilt dark-sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup dried Bing cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers (not tea), chopped
- 1 1/2 TBSP fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
This easy chutney recipe combines fresh and dried cherries with ginger, whole spices and the a flowery surprise ingredient.
- Yield16, 2 tablespoon servings servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In Categoryappetizer
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan. Mix well and cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and uncover.
- Turn the heat to medium or medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the chutney from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. This keeps well, covered and refrigerated for one week. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
- Calories: 33
- Fat Content: 0.1g
- Sodium Content: 0.9mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 8.2g
- Sugar Content: 6.6g
- Protein Content: 0.4g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg