- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups Stemilt dark-sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- Marinated Poached Halibut*
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 green onions, diagonally sliced
This tasty salad combines fresh Stemilt cherries with marinated halibut.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner,
- Sauté onion in oil until crisp tender.
- Add vinegar, honey, fennel, salt and pepper, bring mixture to a boil.
- Add cherries and boil 1 minute. Cool.
- Arrange halibut on lettuce leaves.
- Spoon cherry dressing over halibut and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- May be served warm or cold.
Marinated Poached Halibut:
- Combine 1/4 cup each water and white wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons each dry white wine and olive oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme and dried peppercorns.
- Bring mixture to boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add 1 pound cubed halibut and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until fish barely flakes when tested with a fork.
- Drain and use in warm or cold salads.
Cooked beef or chicken strips may be substituted
- Calories: 211
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 8.4 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26.4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 12 mg
- Fiber Content: 1.6 g
- Sodium Content: 292 mg