- For Topping:
- 1 1/2 pounds Stemilt dark-sweet cherries, pitted
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- For Crust:
- 24 squares graham crackers
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- For Filling:
- 2 eight ounce blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
Fresh sweet cherries top a classic cheesecake recipe with a graham cracker crust to delight your guests during the summertime.
- Yield10 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- CuisineEuropean, American
- In CategoryDessert
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
Prepare the topping:
- Prepare the topping by combining the cherries, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
Prepare the crust:
- Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 inch springform pan generously.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the graham crackers and cinnamon and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Pour into a medium bowl and add the melted butter. Mix to combine then add the mixture to the bottom of your springform pan.
- Press the crumbs down using your fingers, covering the bottom evenly. Set the pan down over a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and bring up the sides around the pan
- Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
Prepare the filling:
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for at least 2 minutes until smooth, scraping sides down periodically.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until combined. Add the sugar and continue to beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest and beat for another minute until completely combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust.
- Smooth the top with an offset spatula and place the pan into a large baking dish.
- Boil about 4 to 6 cups of water. Pour the water into the baking dish surrounding the cheesecake until the water is about halfway up the side of the pan.
- Carefully place the baking dish with the cheesecake into the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Shut the oven’s heat off and crack the door open at least 6 inches.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to continue to cool in the pan for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the baking pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to overnight before serving.
- Run a thin knife or spatula around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Unlock the springform pan and unmold the cake. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with the cherry topping, either spooning it on or arranging the cherries as you like.
- Use the remaining topping for serving.
- Calories: 526
- Fat Content: 34g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 50g
- Sugar Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 354g