- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Marsala
- One cup fresh Stemilt cherries, pitted and sliced
- One tbsp granulated sugar
Zabaglione is Italian custard, made from egg yolks flavored with Marsala and sugar.
- Yield4-6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a medium-size bowl. Whisk well, until pale yellow.
- Add the Marsala in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
- Transfer the mixture to a double boiler, and cook until the zabaglione is frothy and has double in volume. It should easily coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the zabaglione to cool to room temperature.
- For a lighter texture, fold 1/2 cup whipped cream into the cooled mixture.
- While the Zabaglione is cooling, toss the sliced cherries with the sugar.
- Spoon the Zabaglione into wine glasses or other dessert dishes and top with cherries.
- If you don’t have a double boiler, use a metal bowl over a saucepan.
- The trick is to heat the zabaglione without overheating it.
- Calories: 245
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 210 mg
- Sodium Content: 15 mg
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Sugar Content: 22 g