Rate This Recipe
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 pound Skylar Rae® brand Cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved
- 2 oranges, supremed (see note)
- 6 thinly sliced cuts of red onion (using a mandolin makes slicing easy)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tbsp reserved orange juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch kosher salt
Romaine halved lengthwise without trimming stem (the stem will help hold the leaves of each halve intact, making it easier to turn when grilling).
Spray grill with canola oil (or other high heat cooking oil) and heat on high setting (or place grill pan on stove heated to high).
Once heated, lay romaine halves, cut side down, to grill for approximately 2 minutes; turn over and continue grilling until leaves have wilted some and look golden and just slightly charred (about another 1 to 2 minutes).
Time will depend on the heat of your grill, so just watch for signs that leaves have wilted and charred just a bit.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk reserved orange juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt until well combined.
Divide grilled romaine hearts among plates, top with fresh cherries, fresh orange supremes, and red onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Calories: 134.5, Fat Content: 5.4g, Protein Content: 2.9g, Carbohydrate Content: 20.9g, Fiber Content: 4.2g, Sugar Content: 14.7g, Cholesterol Content: 8.8mg, Sodium Content: 73.9mg.