- For the apple filling:
- 1 Stemilt Granny Smith apple, peeled and shredded
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- For the fritter loaf:
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- Coconut oil spray
- For the cider glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 TBSP apple cider
Easy and gluten free. This breakfast bread recipe will be your new go to.
- Yield1 loaf serving
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryBreakfast, Snacks,
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan lightly with coconut oil spray, line with parchment so that the parchment hangs over the sides like a handle.
- Spray the parchment lightly with coconut oil spray as well. Set aside.
To make the apple filling:
- In a small bowl, combine the prepared Stemilt Granny Smith Apple with the granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir to combine, set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar wit hate remaining cinnamon, stir to combine, set aside.
Make the fritter bread:
- In a mixing bowl, beat the granulated sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, completely incorporating one egg before adding the next. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk the gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt together until combined.
- Add the flour to the creamed butter mixture and stir to incorporate completely.
- Add the milk to the batter and stir to combine until smooth.
- Layer the batter in the loaf pan by adding 1 heaping cup batter to the bottom of the pan, spread it out evenly.
- Top with 1/3 of the apple mixture, spread into an even layer. Then sprinkle with 1/3 of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Repeat the layering process by adding another heaping cup of batter, 1/3 of the apples, and 1/3 of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Repeat one last time ending with the brown cinnamon sugar being sprinkled over the top of the fritter bread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top of the apple fritter bread is golden brown.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes before using the parchment paper handles to remove the apple fritter bread from the loaf pan.
- Place the loaf back onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the cider glaze:
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar and the apple cider.
- Beat with a whisk until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the apple fritter bread and allow the icing to set before slicing.
- Calories: 2885
- Fat Content: 108.8g
- Cholesterol Content: 584mg
- Sodium Content: 1435mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 458g
- Fiber Content: 27.3g
- Sugar Content: 307.3g
- Protein Content: 35g