- 16 cups 1-inch bread cubes, white or whole wheat (2 baguettes)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 cups medium-diced yellow onion (2 large)
- 2 cups medium-diced celery (3 large stalks)
- 2 Stemilt Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and large diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- ¼ cup cooked bacon pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
With savory bites of bacon, chunks of Granny Smith apples, and the classic lineup of Thanksgiving spices, this stuffing recipe will have you going for seconds in no time flat.
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategorySide
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add the bread cubes to a rimmed baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 7 minutes. After removing the bread, increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter and add the onion, celery, apples, salt, and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Combine the bread cubes and cooked vegetables in a large bowl and add the chicken stock, rosemary, thyme, sage, and bacon.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the stuffing mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Calories: 316