- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp butter (softened)
- One pound cheddar cheese (sliced into 8 thin slices)
- One apple cut into thin, even slices
Every kids favorite grilled sandwich with a touch of sweetness, thanks to delicious apples.
In CategoryLunch, Dinner
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium high heat.
- Spread the softened butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread for each sandwich butter side down on the hot griddle or skillet.
- Lay one slice of cheese on each slice of bread. Layer with apple slices, and top with an additional slice of cheese.
- Cover the top slice of cheese with a piece of bread, butter side up.
- Grill until the first side is golden brown and cheese starts to melt. Turn and grill the other side of the sandwich until golden brown and cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Slice in half and serve warm.
Note: using two thin slices of cheese is recommended as it will help hold the apples on the sandwich more effectively than one thicker slice of cheese.
- Calories: 432
- Fat Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0 g
- Cholesterol Content: 66 mg
- Sodium Content: 598 mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 21 g