These sweet and savory hors d’oeuvres pair sweet cherries with tangy goat cheese and spicy sausage for a unique and easy-to-prepare snack.
- 1 cup Stemilt cherries, halved and pitted
- 4 (4-6 oz) merguez lamb sausage links
- 2 green onions
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
These sweet and savory hors d'oeuvres pair sweet cherries with tangy goat cheese and spicy sausage for a unique and easy-to-prepare snack.
- Yield8-12 servings
- In CategoryCherries, Summer, Quick & Easy.
- Place halved cherries on a sheet of aluminum foil; fold up the sides to make a bowl. Grill sausage, cherries (in foil), and green onion over medium-high heat stirring cherries every 2 to 3 minutes. Cook onion 2 minutes or until slightly charred; remove from grill. Cook cherries and sausage 7 to 9 minutes or until cherries soften and release juices and sausage is cooked through.
- Roughly chop the cherries and finely chop the green onion then mix together in a bowl with lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Slice sausages into 1/2-inch rounds and place on a serving tray. Spoon cherry compote over sausage then crumble with goat cheese. Serve with toothpicks.