- 1 ( 8 1/2 ounce ) pouch of precooked grains, heated as instructed
- 1 large or 2 small pieces of fresh Stemilt apples and/or pears, cored and sliced into thin strips
- 3 slices of Quick Pickled Pink Lady Apples, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup fresh salad greens, lightly tossed in your favorite vinaigrette
- 1 cup roasted winter squash like delicata, butternut, or acorn
- 1/4 cup candied pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces of goat cheese, rolled into balls or torn into pieces.
A bowl full of grains, raw fruits, roasted vegetables, pickly bites, cheese and nuts, this Harvest Buddha Bowl will definitely keep your taste buds satisfied.
- Yield2 Very Large Buddha Bowls servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, dinner
To assemble the Harvest Buddha Bowls:
Divide the rice between two bowls. Arrange the raw apple and pear slices, pickled apple pieces, dressed salad greens, roasted squash, candied pecans, and goat cheese on top. Serve immediately.
To make the Roasted Pumpkin Pie Spiced Delicata Squash:
In a mixing bowl combine 1 small delicata squash sliced, strings and seeds removed, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and coarse kosher salt to taste. Toss to coat.
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Arrange the squash on the sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes until tender and starting to caramelize around the edges.
To make the Candied Stovetop Pecans:
Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract, and 2 tablespoons water in a shallow pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is foaming a bit and bubbling.
Add 1 cup toasted pecan halves and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring to coat the nuts in the glaze. Once most of the liquid has evaporated from the pan, remove from the heat, and spread the nuts out on parchment paper and cool completely. Break apart any of the nuts that are sticking together. This nut mix is best eaten the day it’s made, but can be made and stored in an airtight container for up 2 days.
- Calories: 1071
- Fat Content: 72.5g
- Cholesterol Content: 71.4mg
- Sodium Content: 1430.9mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 92.7g
- Sugar Content: 29.7g
- Protein Content: 15.5g