- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (non-fat, low-fat, or full-fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh apple (leave the skins on)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 cups chopped crunchy lettuce (such as Romaine)
- 1 chicken breast, grilled, cut into slices, and cooled
- 1/2 cup sliced red grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery ribs
- 1/2 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted in a 350-degree oven for 5-7 minutes and cooled
The addition of yogurt to this Healthier Waldorf Salad ups the protein and cuts the fat, but doesn't sacrifice flavor.
- Yield2-3 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryLunch, Dinner,
- If cooking chicken, get it started on the grill (or in a grill pan on the stove) while you prep the dressing and chop the salad ingredients.
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients and process until smooth.
- Remove chicken from grill when done, cut into slices, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and toss thoroughly with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 380
- Fat Content: 21.1g
- Cholesterol Content: 41mg
- Sodium Content: 576mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 33.3g
- Fiber Content: 4.5g
- Sugar Content: 20.3g
- Protein Content: 17.6g