This healthy take on the classic Waldorf Salad is delicious! Sweet bites of apples, crunchy celery and buttery walnuts in a creamy, light dressing make a perfect lunch or light dinner.
Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think in the comments!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery with leaves
- 3 Piñata or Fuji apples, cored and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 head Boston lettuce or mixed greens
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts halves
Recipe: Classic Healthy Waldorf Salad
Rate this recipe:
- Yield8 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the grapes, celery and apples. Add the dressing and toss.
3. To serve, arrange a few Boston lettuce leaves or a handful of mixed greens on a dinner plate. Top with some of the apple mixture, then sprinkle on some toasted walnut halves.
To toast the walnuts, place them in a dry skillet over medium-low heat and toss frequently until they begin to get a bit golden and fragrant, or about 4 minutes.