- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice from one lemon (approximately 2 tbsp)
- 4 slices of angel food cake
- 4 fresh Artisan Organic peaches
This recipe makes a great quick dessert for the family or can be made in bulk during your next BBQ.
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDessert, Snack
- Mix sugar, water and lemon juice together in a small saucepan.
- Heat on high, stirring until sugar dissolves and liquid is boiling.
- Continue stirring while the liquid boils, about two minutes.
- Allow the hot syrup to cool.
- When grill is hot, peel and pit peaches, maintaining 2 halves per peach.
- Dip each peach half into the syrup mixture and place on the grill, searing for just a few seconds.
- Serve the peaches on the angel food cake slices, drizzling additional glaze over both the peaches and the cake.
- May also use an indoor grill
- Calories: 249
- Fat Content: 0 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 g
- Sodium Content: 225 mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 61 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Sugar Content: 45 g
- Protein Content: 4 g