- 4 Granny Smith Stemilt Apples
- 3-4 SweeTango Stemilt Apples
- 3-4 Stemilt Bartlett Pears
- 4 Tealights
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 bunch of Cedar Greens (or any winter greens)
- 1-2 bunches of Eucalyptus
- Holly berries (optional)
Make your holiday table stand out with a one of a kind DIY centerpiece
- Yield3 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryMain
To Make Apple Tealights
- Begin by placing a tealight candle on the top of the surface of one Granny Smith Stemilt Apple, covering the stem.
- Using a pen, trace the shape of the tealight onto the apple. Place the tealight to the side
- Using a paring knife, cut along the penline of the traced tealight, cutting directly downward. Then, cut around the traced line again, angling the knife slightly inward.
- Insert a spoon into the cut made by the knife then, with gentle force, scoop upward to remove the top portion of the apple.
- Brush the inside of the apple with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Place the tealight into the hollowed apple top. If the tealight does not fit, use a spoon to carve the inside of the apple more. Then, brush with lemon juice again and place the tea light.
Setting the Scene
- Begin making the centerpiece by placing the Cedar Greens down the center of the table.
- Then layer the eucalyptus on top of it. Next, add the Stemilt Apple candles, spacing them throughout the length of the table.
- Add Stemilt Bartlett Pears and Stemilt SweeTango Apples throughout the table, placing some directly on top of the greenery and others next to it. Weave holly berries into the greenery, sprinkling them throughout to add color.
- Finish setting the table by adding golden candlesticks, and place settings. Light the candles and enjoy!