- 3 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of almonds, slivered or chopped
- 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup of applesauce (I unthawed frozen, unsweetened applesauce that I made awhile back at home. Here’s how to make homemade, unsweetened applesauce.)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large Pinata apple, with skins on and diced into 1″ or smaller cubes
Flavorful chai adds an autumn spin to this homemade Apple Spice Chai Granola.
In CategoryBreakfast, Snacks
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients (oats, almonds, pecans, spices, brown sugar) and vanilla into a large mixing bowl.
- Next, dice the Pinata apple up into one-inch or smaller cubes.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix with the flaxseeds, applesauce, and honey in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir to coat. Fold in the diced Pinata apples.
- Spread the oat mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and place into the oven.
- After 10 minutes, open the oven and stir the oats, turning the mix to prevent burning.
- Repeat this process until the wet mixture has cooked, but before the granola has hardened too much, about 30-35 minutes. Allow the granola to cool!
- Enjoy immediately or place in glass containers to store for up to 10 days.
- Calories: 563
- Fat Content: 37.7g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Sodium Content: 87mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 53.6g
- Fiber Content: 9.1g
- Sugar Content: 23.6g
- Protein Content: 9.5g