- 2 pound pork shoulder roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Stemilt Pinata® apples, cored, peeled, and diced into ½ inch cubes
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cut into thin slices
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
A stew recipe that features delicious Piñata® apples and savory pork that will leave you satisfied with a full belly and happy tastebuds.
- Yield6 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In CategoryDinner.
- Toss the cut-up pork shoulder with the kosher salt.
- Turn on the saute function on your Instant Pot. When warm, add the olive oil. Add the pork shoulder and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the onion and garlic to the Instant Pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Add the apples and carrots and stir to combine. Pile the fresh cabbage over the mixture. Pour chicken stock over the cabbage.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to manual for 25 minutes.
- When finished, use the manual release to vent. Stir to combine. Taste and season as necessary.
- Serve and top with plenty of fresh parsley. Enjoy!