- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted butter or avocado oil
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
This hearty cake is so delicious. It’s based off of an old family recipe that has been a favorite for years. Bites of sweet apples make it perfect! This recipe originally appeared on AllRecipes.com, courtesy of user Janyce. Image credit: thursty9.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch tube cake pan with baking spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apple cubes with the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk the eggs lightly, then add the butter, applesauce, apple juice and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix while scraping down the sides of the bowl until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the cake pan. Top with half of the apples. Pour the remaining batter over the apples and finish with the rest of the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack until completely cooled before unmolding onto a cake.
- This cake is best made one day ahead. As most cakes do, this cake becomes even more moist and delicious.
- Use a combination of apples for best results. Try a mix of Fuji, Piñata, Pink Lady or Gala
- Calories: 387
- Protein Content: 5g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 67g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 232mg
- Sugar Content: 41g