This hearty cake is so delicious. It’s based off of an old family recipe that has been a favorite for years. Bites of sweet apples make it perfect! This recipe originally appeared on AllRecipes.com, courtesy of user Janyce. Image credit: thursty9.
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted butter or avocado oil
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
This hearty cake is so delicious. It’s based off of an old family recipe that has been a favorite for years. Bites of sweet apples make it perfect!
- Yield12 servings
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- In Categorydessert
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch tube cake pan with baking spray or butter.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the apple cubes with the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In medium bowl, whisk the eggs lightly, then add the butter, applesauce, apple juice and vanilla. Mix to combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix while scraping down the sides of the bowl until combined.
6. Pour half of the batter into the cake pan. Top with half of the apples. Pour the remaining batter over the apples and finish with the rest of the apples.
7. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire rack until completely cooled before unmolding onto a cake
• This cake is best made one day ahead. As most cakes do, this cake becomes even more moist and delicious.
• Use a combination of apples for best results. Try a mix of Fuji, Piñata, Pink Lady or Gala
- Calories: 387
- Protein Content: 5g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 67g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 232mg
- Sugar Content: 41g